From Anadolu Agency:
24 cases of cholera have been reported at Habra Prison in Yemen’s Houthi-held capital Sana’a. 4 people have been transferred to a hospital.
More on the cholera outbreak:
- Hospital at breaking point as Cholera outbreak hits Yemen
- 69 new cases registered at a hospital 4/28 – 5/4.
- Doctors in Yemen Warn of Possible Cholera Epidemic
- Over 570 cases treated over 3 weeks in April – early May.
- ICRC: Cholera kills 115 people from late April to May
- According to the International Committee of the Red Cross, at least 115 people have died from cholera between April 27 and Saturday.
“We now are facing a serious outbreak of cholera,” said ICRC director of operations Dominik Stillhart, at a news conference in the capital Sanaa.