Yesterday I posted the news that the Senate vote on the resolution to block a portion of the Saudi Arms deal has been postponed. For anyone who knows what that means, you can go straight to that post and find contact information to call your Senators asking them to support the resolution.
If you’re stumped, here’s a timeline of important information:
- March 9th Senator Rand Paul at Senate Foreign Relations Committee Hearing on Yemen
- March 28th: Trump Is Increasing U.S. Support for the Pointless, Brutal War in Yemen (Slate)
- April 26th: Trump Is Inadvertently Arming Al Qaeda in Yemen
- Senator Murphy Calls For Bipartisan Action on Humanitarian & Security Crisis in Yemen (30 minutes)
- May 19th: Sen. Young Discusses Humanitarian Crisis in Yemen w/ Sen. Murphy
- May 20th: Trump signs ‘tremendous’ deals with Saudi Arabia on his first day overseas (Wapo)
- May 20th: Protests erupt in Yemen as Trump visits Saudi Arabia (PBS Newshour)
- May 23rd: Donald Trump’s big Saudi arms deal will cause more misery for Yemen (The New Yorker)
- May 25th: Senators Propose Resolution to Block Saudi Arms Sale
- June 7th: Senator Cardin Will Disapprove of U.S. Weapons Sale to Saudi Arabia
- Go to the airstrikes category for news on the people killed, hospitals/homes/schools/culture destroyed by Saudi-led, America-backed airstrikes. This is what our taxes are paying for. This is what the arms deal supports. This is what the Senate’s resolution wants to block.